Here’s Your Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Fall has officially arrived in Indiana—and that means that the winter season isn’t far behind. Get ready for the winter season by buttoning up your home, cleaning up your yard and making sure safety hazards are taken care of.
- Check your gutters and clean out any debris that will restrict water flow
- Check your roof for any damage and make repairs if needed
- Seal up cracks around windows and doors to keep heat in (and critters out)
- Change your furnace filter
- And get your furnace an annual inspection
- Check out your fireplace and chimney for any damage or blockages
- Clean dryer vents
- Prune plants, rake leaves and store your mower
- Drain and turn off sprinkler system so water doesn’t freeze inside and cause issues
- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water sources
- Check walkways and the driveway for any damage (this could be a safety hazard when ice forms)
- Inspect smoke detectors, CO2 detectors, fire extinguishers, etc. to make sure they’re working properly
This may seem like a lofty list, but once it’s all done you’ll be able to rest easy and stay warm and cozy in your home.
- IU Health Urgent Care Now Open in Greenwood
- O’Reilly’s Irish Bar and Restaurant Coming to Greenwood Area
- Greenwood Council Approves Community Center Upgrades
- Greenwood Diver Hopes to Make Olympics
- Restaurant Review: Oaken Barrel Brewing Company
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.