Hallmark Turns Vintage Greenwood Fire Truck into Keepsake Ornament
Greenwood Fire Department’s vintage white fire truck is being turned into a keepsake ornament by Hallmark.
According to the Indianapolis Star, the fire truck has been serving the south side of the community for nearly 60 years and it has been immortalized as an ornament.
“I think people are excited about it,” Teresa Dillard, owner of Teresa’s Hallmark in Greenwood, told the newspaper. “It’s just really cool to have your town’s name on an ornament like this.”
A Hallmark rep researching possible ornaments learned about the truck and contacted the fire department in early 2014. The ornaments are now available for $19.95 at Hallmark stores nationwide.
- Indianapolis Star Highlights Greenwood ‘Transformation’ Projects
- Greenwood’s New Freedom Springs Waterpark a Major Hit
- Greenwood Golfer Wins Indiana Amateur Championship
- Greenwood Woman Appointed to State Education Board
- Center Grove Ranks in Top 20 for Indiana High Schools
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.