Greenwood Woman Competing in National Obstacle Course Championships
A Greenwood woman is representing Indiana in the national obstacle course championships over Labor Day weekend.
According to WISHTV.com, Brooke Van Paris will represent Indiana at the United States Obstacle Course Racing Championships Sept. 3 in Texas.
Van Paris is well known nationally in the obstacle course world as an elite competitor, and gained national fame after starring on John Cena’s reality TV show American Grit, the article said.
Her journey to elite athlete hasn’t been easy. She was reportedly injured in a car crash in 2009, severely injuring both hands and requiring two years of physical therapy.
- Greenwood’s Historic Downtown Building ‘Grafton Peek’ for Sale
- High School Band Conductor to Return to Greenwood for Special Performance
- England-Based Luggage Company Chooses Greenwood for U.S. Headquarters
- Biggest Greenwood Commercial/Industrial Development in 20 Years Proposed
- ‘Micro-Hospital’ Coming to Greenwood
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.