Greenwood to Get New City Park
Greenwood has announced plans for a new city park.
According to Inside Indiana Business, the city recently announced plans for its 15th public park, as well as an expanded trail system throughout the city.
The park, which will be named Grassy Creek Park, will sit on 10 acres of land along Worthsville Road, previously occupied by a concrete plant, the report said.
The land for the park was purchased by the Greenwood Redevelopment Commission in 2012, and recently transferred to the Greenwood Parks & Recreation Board.
The city says the park would have additional connectivity for Greenwood’s trail system as a trailhead parking lot and retention basin are already located in the area, the report said.
- Greenwood Team Wins Award at World Robotics Tournament
- Grocery Delivery Company Expands to Greenwood
- Local Company Plans Two Buildings for Greenwood’s Southport Business Park
- Johnson County Gets First Ever Tourism Director
- Hundreds of Greenwood Buildings to be Added to National Register of Historic Places
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.