Greenwood Sports Complex Coming into Focus
Plans for a Greenwood-based sports complex are growing in scope.
According to Fox 59 news, Greenwood officials laid out their plans Monday for what they envision as a regional hub for youth sports, which will include two ice rinks, two turf fields, five basketball courts that can also be used for volleyball, a fitness/training facility, pro shop, locker rooms and food service facilities.
Earlier this year, Indiana Ice Arenas proposed building an “iceplex” to turn the area into a regional hockey hub, but that plan evolved into a youth sports hub that offers a little bit of everything, the article said.
The $40 million project would include two phases. According to the article, Indy Fuel owners Jim and Sean Hallett are leading the development, which would be located along I-65 and County Line Road in Greenwood.
The city hopes to have definitive agreements in place by the end of August.
- Greenwood Hires New City Engineer
- Greenwood Fire Foundation 5K and Safety Festival Set for June 17
- ‘Accelerate Indy’ Recruiting Greenwood to Help Grow Economic Development
- Greenwood to Get New City Park
- Greenwood Team Wins Award at World Robotics Tournament
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.