Greenwood Signs Off on Strip Mall Demolition
The Greenwood Redevelopment Commission has gotten the ball rolling on the redevelopment of a former strip mall, awarding a demolition contract to central Indiana-based Denney’s Excavating Co. for $250,000.
According to Inside Indiana Business, the old strip mall property, which has not tenants at this time, was once the home to The Patriot’s Table restaurant and is next to the Greenwood Park Mall.
With no tenants, the strip mall has reportedly become a concern for the city, and has lost nearly half of its value since 2012.
As for what will replace the mall, that’s still up in the air. According to the article, the city is considering several options.
- Rise’n Roll Bakery Now Open in Greenwood
- Trash Service Crew Surprises Greenwood Girl on Her Birthday
- New 180-Unit Apartment Complex Coming to Greenwood
- Greenwood Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Dia & Co.
- Giordano’s, Greek’s to Open Pizzeria Locations in Greenwood Area
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.