Greenwood Rotary Club Raising Funds for Disaster Victims
The earthquakes that shook Nepal earlier this year have left many people homeless and communities in shambles. And the Rotary Club of Greenwood is trying to help.
According to the Daily Journal, in a show of solidarity, members are sleeping in tents outside Lotus Garden restaurant until they’ve raised $50,000 in aid.
“Some of the children haven’t even gone back to the schools,” Amy Lee, secretary of the Rotary Club of Greenwood, told the newspaper. “It’s a really poor area, and there hasn’t been anything in the schools to go back for. We’re trying to work on that.”
So far, the club has raised just over $20,000.
- Greenwood’s Annual Trail Trek 5K is Sept. 12
- Restaurant Review: Oaken Barrel Brewing Company
- Hallmark Turns Vintage Greenwood Fire Truck into Keepsake Ornament
- Greenwood’s New Freedom Springs Waterpark a Major Hit
- Greenwood Golfer Wins Indiana Amateur Championship
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.