Greenwood Partners With New Ambulance Service
The City of Greenwood is hiring a Colorado-based company to take over ambulance service to the community when Rural/Metro’s service ends in November.
According to the IndyStar, Colorado’s AMR will take over the service from Scottsdale, AZ-based Rural/Metro, and bring some stability to the system. Rural/Metro declared bankruptcy in 2013, and the company later announced that it would need to pull out of Greenwood and five other Indiana communities by Nov. 18, the newspaper said.
Contract details between the city and AMR are still being worked out, but the new contract could take effect as early as Nov. 1 and would end the last day of 2015, IndyStar reported.
- Greenwood Proposes Interesting Fix for Traffic Congestion Issue
- Aldi to Open Greenwood Store Friday
- Five Easy Ways to Add to Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Greenwood’s Revery to Open in October
- Business Spotlight: Greenwood’s Pout in Pink
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.