Greenwood Miracle League to Launch This Spring
The Greenwood Miracle League will officially launch this spring, giving children with special needs the chance to play baseball.
According to The Daily Journal, the Miracle League, which will play its games at the Burton Center, invites special needs children from 4 to 19 years old to play baseball every Saturday during the months of April and May, from 10 a.m. until noon.
The players will be given free shirts and hats, along with bottled water. There are handicapped-accessible restrooms nearby, and the playing field is designed for safety and to accommodate wheelchairs, the report said.
- Greenwood Police Donate Vehicle to Senior Center for Meals on Wheels Service
- Greenwood Winter Guards Earn State Berth
- Ice Rink Complex Set to Come to Greenwood
- Greenwood Coffee Shop Serving Up More Than Coffee
- Greenwood Redevelopment Commission Outlines Additional Projects
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.