Greenwood Mayor Heading to D.C. for Presidential Inauguration
Greenwood’s mayor will be in Washington, D.C. for the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump.
According to the Daily Journal, Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly invited Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers to attend the prestigious event, scheduled for Jan. 20. Myers told the newspaper that he’s interested in what the newly elected president will have to say in his first official speech to the nation.
Myers already had plans to be in Washington, D.C. in the days leading up to the inauguration to attend the United States Conference of Mayors winter meeting, the report said.
- Local Charity Helps County Families in Need During Holidays
- New Shopping Center Planned for Greenwood
- ThinkGeek Opens New Store in Greenwood Mall
- Former Greenwood City Hall Building Gets New Occupant
- Greenwood Senior, Baseball Standout Commits to Quincy University
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.