Greenwood Looking to Hire New Police Officer
The Greenwood Police Department is now accepting preliminary applications for a police officer opening.
According to the city’s website, all applicants will be required to pass the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) Physical Fitness Exit Standards. Here are the job requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED and certification (or qualified to complete certification) by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. Bachelors in Criminal Justice preferred.
- Experience: One to three years prior police or security a plus.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to meet all departmental hiring and retention requirements. Must be able to pass the Handgun Course of Fire and Shotgun Course of Fire as required by the standards of the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board. Proficient in Word and other computer software.
- Physical: Must possess valid driver’s license and a safe driving record and be able to serve on 24-hour call. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
All applications must be submitted by Dec. 15. To see the full job posting, click here.
- Greenwood Café Serves Coffee With a Side of Marriage Counseling
- Greenwood Partners With New Ambulance Service
- Greenwood Proposes Interesting Fix for Traffic Congestion Issue
- Aldi to Open Greenwood Store Friday
- Five Easy Ways to Add to Your Home’s Curb Appeal
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.