Greenwood Ladies Among Those Named 2016 ‘500 Princesses’
Five Greenwood women are among the 33 Indianapolis-area ladies to be named as this year’s 500 Festival princesses.
According to the Indianapolis Star, the Greenwood women will serve as ambassadors for this year’s 500 Festival and the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race. All of the ladies, whom represent students from 13 colleges and universities, were selected based on their communication skills, academic performance and community involvement. The Greenwood girls are:
- Jessi Arbuckle, a junior at Taylor University, majoring in public relations
- Elyse Hoy, a sophomore at Franklin College, studying biology and pre-med
- Morgan Lee, a junior at Indiana Wesleyan University, majoring in nursing
- Nilofer Rajpurkar, a junior at Purdue University, majoring in biomedical engineering
- Kylee Stewart, a junior at IUPUI, majoring in journalism
Each princess will receive a $1,000 scholarship and be involved in a number of festival events, the newspaper said.
A queen will be crowed on May 21 and the race is set for May 29.
- Brew Review: MashCraft Brewing Company in Greenwood
- Angie’s List Article Highlights Greenwood’s ‘Transformation’
- Greenwood Walmart Donates Cash to ‘Meat’ the Need Program
- Miss Johnson County Finishes in Top 10 at State Contest
- Johnson County REMC Offers College Scholarship
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.