Greenwood Ice Cream Parlor Looking to Expand
Mrs. Curl, Greenwood’s popular ice cream parlor, is looking to expand to become a year-round operation.
According to WISH TV, the ice cream parlor’s owner John Cassin is considering an expansion to the current site at the corner of Main and Meridian Streets in downtown Greenwood, which would allow the business to be open year-round.
Greenwood mayor Mark Myers told the TV station that Cassin approached the city last year about the plans.
Last week, Greenwood residents reportedly in the area received notice of public hearing regarding the rezoning of land that would be used for the expansion.
According to the article, the rezoning hearing is taking place on Feb. 27
- Greenwood Church Hosting Prom For Adults With Special Needs
- Retired WNBA Player Begins Second Career in Greenwood
- Renovated Greenwood Community Center Reopens
- Construction, Home Sales Up Across Johnson County
- Local Charity Helps County Families in Need During Holidays
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.