Greenwood Community Center to Get a Facelift
Soon the Greenwood Community Center will be getting a little TLC. According to the Daily Journal, worn carpet, ceiling tiles and furniture is just part of what will soon be replaced during a renovation of the 23-year-old center.
“We’re really outdated. That’s not good,” Director of Parks and Recreation Rob Taggart told the Journal. “With any good product, you need to keep it updated or add something every five to six years, and we haven’t done that for 23 years.”
The Greenwood Parks Department has outlined a $1 million budget for the reno, which is being funded after refinancing the bond that was used to buy Freedom Park. The revamp aims to make the space more modern, bring underutilized rooms new life and to include better amenities to compete with national gyms.
- Greenwood’s New Freedom Springs Waterpark a Major Hit
- New Greenwood Middle School Moves Ahead
- New Wal-Mart Now Open in Greenwood
- Center Grove Ranks in Top 20 for Indiana High Schools
- Man Plans Flash Mob Marriage Proposal at Greenwood Mall
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.