Greenwood Community Band Returns Home After Trip to Netherlands
Members of the Greater Greenwood Community Band just experienced the trip of a lifetime.
According to The Daily Journal, the Greater Greenwood Community Band recently spent a week in the Netherlands performing with Dutch bands and experiencing the art, food and culture of one of Europe’s most beautiful countries.
Organizers hope that the trip served to strengthen the band’s connection with other community-based musicians, with the goal to have them visit Indiana one day, the article said.
More than 70 people ended up signing up for the trip, including some from bands in Zionsville and the northside of Indianapolis.
During the week in the Netherlands, the Greenwood band scheduled three concerts, each in a unique venue, according to the article.
- ‘Micro-Hospital’ Coming to Greenwood
- Greenwood’s Historic Residential District Gets Added to National Register of Historic Places
- Greenwood Sports Complex Coming into Focus
- Greenwood Hires New City Engineer
- Greenwood Fire Foundation 5K and Safety Festival Set for June 17
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.