Greenwood Church Hosting Prom For Adults With Special Needs
A Greenwood church is hosting special event for adults with special needs and their families.
According to the Daily Journal, on Feb. 10, Mount Pleasant Christian Church will host more than 200 guests for “Night to Shine,” a prom night experience created by the Tim Tebow Foundation.
The aim of the event is to provide an evening of fun that many with special needs may never get to experience, Heidi Wright, the event chair for the church, told the newspaper.
At the end of the night, Mount Pleasant Christian Church Pastor Chris Philbeck will show a video of Tim Tebow, the former University of Florida football star and Heisman Trophy winner, thanking everyone for coming, the article said.
- Retired WNBA Player Begins Second Career in Greenwood
- Renovated Greenwood Community Center Reopens
- Construction, Home Sales Up Across Johnson County
- Local Charity Helps County Families in Need During Holidays
- New Shopping Center Planned for Greenwood
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.