Greenwood Celebrates Completion of Worthsville Road Construction Project
Greenwood civic leaders are celebrating the completion of the Worthsville Road construction project.
According to Inside Indiana Business, the $17 million project began in 2008, and connected I-65 to U.S. 31 with a four-lane highway with no stops, which will ease traffic congestion, improve interstate access and attract new business to the area.
“We’ve created an immediate benefit for residents and visitors while also improving future economic development potential. It’s a win-win for Greenwood,” Mayor Mark Myers said in the report.
Johnson County is planning to do additional work in the area, extending Worthsville Road to connect with Fairland Road and I-74 to the east and west, as well as a planned interchange for the proposed I-69 extension, the report said.
- Greenwood Restaurant Goes Dog Friendly, Offers Pooch Menu
- County Business Development Group Celebrates 25 Years Boosting Local Economy
- Drink For a Good Cause at Greenwood’s MashCraft Brewing
- Greenwood Child Paints With Nationally Recognized Artist
- Two Greenwood Breweries Earn Gold Medals at Indiana State Fair Beer Competition
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.