G.R.O.W. Greenwood Initiative Aims to Revitalize Local Businesses
A new business-focused initiative in Greenwood will help upgrade and enhance building exteriors for local businesses.
According to Inside Indiana Business, the G.R.O.W. Greenwood Initiative, which stands for Granting Revitalization and Opportunity for the Workplace, will help businesses upgrade building exteriors.
The Greenwood Redevelopment Commission has approved $500,000 in funds for the program, and will be used for projects to upgrade facades, signage, art installation, landscaping, green infrastructure, lighting, decorative fencing and other exterior improvements, according to the report.
“This investment will benefit Greenwood on a number of fronts,” said Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers said in the report. “Community aesthetics play a fundamental role in attracting and retaining both residents and businesses. We’re investing in making public spaces more appealing, and this initiative creates an incentive for local businesses to follow suit.”
- Greenwood Bar Named One of Most Underrated Places Around Central Indiana
- Greenwood’s Oaken Barrel Brewing Plans Expansion
- Gym for ‘Kids of All Abilities’ Opens in Greenwood
- Brewery, Restaurant Proposed for 12-Acre Site in Greenwood
- Summer’s Just Begun, and Already Greenwood’s Pool is Getting a lot of Use
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.