Do-It-Yourself Brewery Set to Open in Greenwood
The craft beer revolution has been gaining some serious speed over the last few years, but being a brew master in the comfort of your own garage can be expensive, messy and cramped. But, Brew-By-U is changing that for Greenwood area residents when it opens Dec. 13.
According to the IndyStar, Brew-By-U is the state’s first do-it-yourself brewery that will not only sell brewing supplies, but it also has a six-kettle brewing room for customers to make their libations. Owner Jeremy Hough reportedly got the idea after attending a Wine and Canvas event, and thought that something similar could be done when it comes to brewing beer.
Customers can choose from 16 different beer recipes and with the help of a “brew coach” create their own, the IndyStar said. The class is about two hours long and customers will get a call when the beer is ready to be picked up after the fermentation is complete.
The brewery is located near County Line Road and Ind. 35.
- Thrillist Names Jockamo’s ‘Best Pizza’ in Indiana
- Greenwood Café Serves Coffee With a Side of Marriage Counseling
- Five Easy Ways to Add to Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Business Spotlight: Greenwood’s Pout in Pink
- Restaurant Review: Stone Creek Dining Company in Greenwood
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.