County Program to Curb Poverty Seeking Volunteers and Funds
A local program that aims to alleviate poverty in Johnson County is looking for a support.
According to the Daily Journal, Bridges Alliance of Johnson County, a program aimed at alleviating poverty throughout the community, needs volunteers from the community to offer help in a variety of areas, as well as through donations.
Volunteer opportunities include being an ally to provide guidance, delivering food to those in need, helping with transportation needs of people, and more, the article said. Donations are also need to help sustain the program long-term.
For more information on the effort, becoming a member or volunteering, go to bridgesalliancejc.org or call 317-667-3332.
- Greenwood Signs Off on Strip Mall Demolition
- Rise’n Roll Bakery Now Open in Greenwood
- Trash Service Crew Surprises Greenwood Girl on Her Birthday
- New 180-Unit Apartment Complex Coming to Greenwood
- Greenwood Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Dia & Co.
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.