Greenwood Moves Forward on Design to Redesign Old City Park
Plans to redesign Old City Park, located in downtown Greenwood, are moving forward.
According to the city, the Greenwood Redevelopment Commission told city officials to move forward with a project to upgrade and redesign the park after approving the plan Sept. 14.
One of the most prominent new features will be a promenade area, designed for both pedestrians and bicyclists, providing access from Madison Avenue to Meridian Street. The promenade will also connect to the planned expansion of Pleasant Creek Trail providing a path into Craig Park and the Greenwood Amphitheater, the city said in a release.
The park will also get playground improvements, a multipurpose event lawn, a new parking lot and rain garden, and a terraced amphitheater.
- Greenwood High School Choir Performs With Foreigner
- Greenwood’s Historic Downtown Building ‘Grafton Peek’ for Sale
- High School Band Conductor to Return to Greenwood for Special Performance
- England-Based Luggage Company Chooses Greenwood for U.S. Headquarters
- Biggest Greenwood Commercial/Industrial Development in 20 Years Proposed
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.