City of Greenwood Announces $4 Million in Road Projects
The City of Greenwood recently announced it would be investing $4 million in local roads this summer.
According to a city release, the city will be doing more road work than usual this summer thanks to the local income tax bond issued by the City earlier in the year for road improvements.
“We are committed to maintaining and improving road quality in Greenwood,” Mayor Mark W. Myers said in the release. “We must manage our transportation resources wisely and invest in those areas most in need of improvement in order to support existing traffic and continued growth.”
In total, five miles of Greenwood roads will be resurfaced or reconstructed this summer.
- ‘Micro-Hospital’ Coming to Greenwood
- Greenwood’s Historic Residential District Gets Added to National Register of Historic Places
- Greenwood Sports Complex Coming into Focus
- Greenwood Hires New City Engineer
- Greenwood Fire Foundation 5K and Safety Festival Set for June 17
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.