‘Accelerate Indy’ Recruiting Greenwood to Help Grow Economic Development
A nine-county, regional program is recruiting Greenwood to help grow economic development throughout the Indianapolis region.
According to The Daily Journal, Accelerate Indy, which run by the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce, is looking to Greenwood to help fund the effort.
Greenwood was asked to take part in the program since it’s the primary economic driver in Johnson County. The program aims to spend $20 million over a five-year period with the goal of bringing in international investment, expanding start-up services for local entrepreneurs and recruiting employees to the region, the article said.
The funding request is based on a city’s population, with a request of $1 per resident, the article said. So with roughly 50,000 residents, Greenwood would be asked to pay about $50,000 annually for five years to be part of the program.
- Greenwood to Get New City Park
- Greenwood Team Wins Award at World Robotics Tournament
- Grocery Delivery Company Expands to Greenwood
- Local Company Plans Two Buildings for Greenwood’s Southport Business Park
- Johnson County Gets First Ever Tourism Director
This local update courtesy of your Greenwood Community Expert.