New Willow Creek Park Playground Now Open
Excited kids flocked to the newly renovated Willow Creek Park playground in Centennial as it finally reopened late last month.
According to the Centennial Citizen, South Suburban Parks and Recreation District board member Sue Rosser described the event as a “madhouse” as kids took over the playground.
The playground was renovated because it no longer met safety standards. One of the new features is a tall, spinning, inverted cone with netting to hold on to and climb called the Apollo Spinner, the newspaper said. The park also features rubber ground titles, a low swing with safety restraint and a slide designed for kids with physical disabilities.
- Annual Splash Dash 5K Raises Water Safety Awareness
- Centennial Kicks off Senior Educational Series
- Residents at Orchard Park Health Care Get Mother’s Day Surprise
- Diaper Drive Helps Support Local Families in Need
- New Event Center Coming to Centennial
This local update courtesy of your Centennial Community Expert.