Cherry Creek Teachers Sharpen Skills Before 2018-19 School Year Begins
More than 1,000 teachers in the Cherry Creek School District, which serves Centennial, spent time over the summer beefing up their teaching skills.
According to the school district, the teachers, from schools all over the district, participated in something called the Summer EdVentures program, which is a series of classes and workshops designed by the district’s Office of Professional Learning.
EdVentures classes are reportedly a collaborative effort between departments, and have incorporated input and insights from educators and professionals from far beyond the district.
The courses run until Thursday, Aug. 2, so teachers still have time to participate before heading into the school year, the report said.
- Cherry Creek Bus Drivers Showcase Skills at State ‘Bus Roadeo’
- Centennial’s ‘Under the Stars’ Event Set for August 11
- Centennial Ranks No. 11 on Niche’s ‘2018 Best Places to Raise a Family’ List
- Denver Makes WalletHub’s Top 10 ‘Best Place to Start a Career’ List
- Cherry Creek School District Earns National Recognition for Music Education
This local update courtesy of your Centennial Community Expert.