Centennial is America’s Most Internet-Connected City
Governing Magazine recently announced that results from the Census Bureau’s most recent American Community Survey showed Centennial as the No. 1 Internet-connected city of at least 100,000 people in America.
According to the magazine article, an estimated 96 percent of households in Centennial have Internet access in 2013. Nationwide about 79 percent of households had Internet.
Centennial edged out Cary, NC, which is a city that has long been ahead of the rest of the country as it is in the tech-heavy research triangle on North Carolina.
“Cities recording the highest Internet adoption rates were predominantly wealthy enclaves characterized by tech-savvy residents,” the magazine said. “[Cities] with high density and strong Internet adoption tend to attract the most private infrastructure investment and competition.”
For more information on the most connected cities or to see more of the list, click here.
- City of Centennial to Offer Free Christmas Tree Recycling
- Restaurant Review: Mama Louise in Centennial
- New 650,000 sf Corporate Center Coming to Centennial
- “The Egg & I” Restaurant Chain Opens New Location in CO
- Money Magazine Ranks Centennial at No. 13 on ‘Best Places to Live’ List
This local update courtesy of your Centennial Community Expert.