Annual Splash Dash 5K Raises Water Safety Awareness
The third annual Splash Dash 5K was held on June 6 in Centennial with the goal of spreading water safety awareness and raising money for the Drennen’s Dreams Foundation.
According to the Centennial Citizen, the event was created in honor of competitive swimmer Drennen O’Melia who drowned in just four feet of water–despite the presence of lifeguards.
“It is our mission to promote water safety and drowning prevention,” the foundation reportedly said in a release. “This year alone we have donated more than $10,000 to organizations who share in our mission, and we have personally shared Drennen’s story with more than 1,000 lifeguards across the Colorado Front Range.”
- Centennial’s Summer Kickoff Celebration is June 6
- Centennial Kicks off Senior Educational Series
- Centennial Girl Scouts Earn Gold Award
- Diaper Drive Helps Support Local Families in Need
- New Event Center Coming to Centennial
This local update courtesy of your Centennial Community Expert.