White House Recognizes South Mountain CC as ‘Bright Spot’
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics recently recognized the South Mountain Community College for Bilingual Nursing Program (BNFP) as a Bright Spot in Hispanic Education, according to the Ahwatukee Foothills News.
The Initiative hopes to leverage Bright Spots to encourage collaboration between stakeholders to get more support for education for the Hispanic community.
“The BNFP program at South Mountain was created to meet the critical shortfall of Spanish speaking nurses in Arizona and to prepare students for employment as registered nurses,” the article said.
- Ahwatukee Resident Joins Teach for America
- Actress Rachel Melvin to Be Inducted into Mountain Pointe Hall of Fame
- Local Businesses Host Night Out for Adults, Kids
- Ahwatukee Restaurant Review: Original Burrito Company
- Local Author Publishes Book Set in Ahwatukee
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.