Sushi Nakano Offers Authentic Japanese Sushi in Ahwatukee
An Ahwatukee sushi restaurant is getting a reputation as a pretty authentic traditional Tokyo sushi bar.
According to the Phoenix New Times, Sushi Nakano, located at 4025 East Chandler Blvd., is light on the traditional American-style maki, which typically features imitation crab, cream cheese, and mayo, and more focused on fresh fish and stripped down sushi options like traditional Tokyo sushi bars.
“On the whole, sushi rolls are well-balanced and creative, without veering into the realm of novelty,” reporter Patricia Escarcega wrote. “Options include simple, traditional rolls with ingredients like Japanese cucumber or fermented soybeans, as well as popular standards like the ubiquitous salmon skin roll.
Sushi Nakano is the debut restaurant from Leo Nakano, the son of Hirofumi Nakano, owner of north Scottsdale’s respected Hiro Sushi, the article said.
Sushi Nakano also reportedly offers a small selection of hot noodle dishes and bento boxes.
- Charity For Middle, High School Boys Thriving in Ahwatukee
- Ahwatukee’s First and Only Tattoo Shop Opens Doors
- Ahwatukee Ranks No. 4 on Niche’s ‘2018 Best Places to Raise a Family’ List
- Nearby Tempe Ranks No. 5 ‘Best Place to Start a Career’ List
- 9-1-1 Texting Option Is Now Live in Maricopa County
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.