State Legislator Helps Ahwatukee Boy Scout Move Toward Eagle Scout
An Ahwatukee Boy Scout got some help from a local legislator in his effort to become an Eagle Scout.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Thomas Allen, an Altadena Middle School student and a member of Troop 14, met with state Rep. Jill Norgaard, the Republican representative from Legislative District 18 and an Ahwatukee resident, who agreed to a brief interview that would help him earn his Citizenship in The Community badge, which is required in his effort to become an Eagle Scout.
His questions weren’t soft-balls. His first was: “What are you doing to help military veterans?” She told him the Arizona House and Senate are running a drive to collect water for the homeless veterans of Arizona, the article said.
The second question was: “What was she was doing for school kids?” Norgaard reportedly told him that she was running a project to help families to cope with Children dealing with Dyslexia.
- New Pilates Studio Opens in Ahwatukee
- Mountain Pointe Graduate to Lead Arizona State’s Cross Country Program
- Ahwatukee Girl Helping Abandoned Pets While She Battles Illness
- Andy’s Frozen Custard Opens Ahwatukee Location
- Dream Dinners Owners Celebrate 10 Years in Business
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.