Self-Driving Cars Now Available to Ahwatukee Residents
Self-driving cars have been popping up around Ahwatukee for a year, and now residents have a chance to use them.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Waymo, which was formerly Google’s self-driving car project, is now taking applications from Ahwatukee residents to become “early riders” and start using their cars.
For the past year or so, local Waymo employees have been using the self-driving cars, the report said, but now the company is testing the cars and possible services by way of the “early riders” program.
- More than 1,300 Seniors Set to Graduate From Ahwatukee Schools
- Ahwatukee Makes National ‘Best Places to Live’ List
- Local Entrepreneur Coaches Ahwatukee Parents on Art of Raising Kids
- Real Estate is Booming: Four Ahwatukee Homes Sell for More than $1 Million
- Kyrene del Milenio Elementary School in Ahwatukee Gets New Principal
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.