Salvation Army Collecting Supplies for Local Students in Need
While the start of the school year is still weeks away, the Salvation Army is partnering with several local businesses now to collect supplies for its Backpack Support Our Students (SOS) program.
According to the Phoenix chapter of the organization, many local moms and dads worry about being able to get their students the supplies they need to start the school year. And The Salvation Army aims to help ease the worry and ensure the kids are prepared.
In the Phoenix area, the Salvation Army has teamed up with Fry’s Food, FOX 10 Phoenix, Bank of Arizona, 99.9 KEZ, My 45, and American Express to collect supplies through July 28. Some needed items include:
- Colored pencils
- Glue Sticks
- Spiral Notebooks
Donations can be dropped off at any Fry’s Food Store in Arizona, as well as any Bank of Arizona location in the Phoenix metro area. For more information, click here.
- Dream Dinners Owners Celebrate 10 Years in Business
- Ahwatukee Renaissance Man Adds ‘Novelist’ to His Resume
- Ahwatukee Professor Looks to Help Homeless in Phoenix Area
- Ahwatukee Elementary Schoolers Make Pen-Pal Friends Through Literacy Program
- Self-Driving Cars Now Available to Ahwatukee Residents
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.