Phoenix Choirmaster Wins Second Grammy Award
Dr. Kevin Garrison, choirmaster at Phoenix’s The Church of Epiphany, has won is second Grammy Award.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Garrison won the award as a member of The Phoenix Chorale, which won for “Best Choral Performance (Rachmaninoff: All-Night Vigil)”.
“It’s an honor to be involved with (The Phoenix Chorale) ensemble, being able to perform with some of the best singers around, having the opportunity to travel for performances, and record Grammy worthy albums,” Garrison told the paper. “Not many get the opportunity to do what I have done. I feel very fortunate.”
Garrison won his first Grammy in 2009, also with The Phoenix Chorale, for “Best Small Ensemble Performance.” His church serves the Southeast Valley communities of Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix and Tempe.
- Challenge Day Programs Expand to Ahwatukee Schools
- Ahwatukee Bagel Shop Opens Walls to Student Artists
- Ahwatukee Group Brings Homeless ‘Hope on the Highway’
- Restaurant Review: The Nosh Cafe
- Former Ahwatukee Dawgs Give Back – 10 Years Later
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.