Open House to Discuss South Mountain Freeway Set for May 22 in Ahwatukee
Ahwatukee residents interested getting project updates or sharing concerns about the South Mountain Freeway interchange have a chance to discuss the project with state officials.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the Arizona Department of Transportation will hold a public open house to discuss the South Mountain Freeway interchange project from 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, May 22, at Desert Vista High School’s cafeteria, which is located at 16440 S. 32nd St. in Ahwatukee.
While there isn’t a formal presentation being provided, the public can speak one-on-one with project staff about the studies and learn more about construction progress to date and what to expect for the rest of the year, the report said.
The $1.7 billion South Mountain Freeway project is transforming the 22-mile, eight-lane stretch between the Chandler and the W. 59th Street interchanges of Interstate 10.
- 9-1-1 Texting Option Is Now Live in Maricopa County
- Four Ahwatukee Schools Earn Top Marks by the Arizona Education Foundation
- Ahwatukee Young Entrepreneurs Academy Students Impress
- Ahwatukee Businesses Come Together to Help Child With Blood Condition
- City of Ahwatukee Ready to Open 16 New Pickleball Courts at Pecos Park
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.