Maricopa County Launches App to Promote Healthy Lifestyle
Maricopa County, which includes the Ahwatukee community, recently launched the Maricopa Healthy app as a way to help residents have a more healthy lifestyle.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the new app features detailed lists of farmer’s markets, hiking trails, parks, and bike paths.
Chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and diabetes can be improved or avoided through healthy eating and exercise habits, and the county is hoping the app can help with that. In addition, the county hopes the app can help teach those who are eligible for nutrition assistance that they can eat healthy, even on a budget.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which helps provide nutrition and physical activity education to other health departments, funded the app, the newspaper said.
- 3 New Restaurants Coming to Ahwatukee
- Ahwatukee Bagel Shop Opens Walls to Student Artists
- Ahwatukee Group Brings Homeless ‘Hope on the Highway’
- Ahwatukee Educator Writes Book on Child Behavior
- SMCC Student Chosen for All-Arizona Academic Team
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.