Local Author Publishes Book Set in Ahwatukee
A local author recently self-published a thrilling novel that uses Ahwatukee Foothills as the backdrop.
Stringer said she wanted the story to be as realistic as possible so that’s why she chose Ahwatukee as the setting.
“I like the challenges that the desert environment presents,” the author told AFN. “It takes more to survive versus maybe the Northwest where it’s cooler. We have the challenge of the heat and little water. We certainly see coyotes all the time in our neighborhood. I liked some of the challenges.”
To learn more about the book, go to https://anissastringer.wordpress.com/.
- AFN Names Jeremiah Imonode Senior Male Athlete of the Year
- Unwined’s New Owners to Add Brunch & Lunch Menus
- Fourth-Graders Raise Money for Kyrene Family Resource Center
- Desert Vista Volleyball Team Holds Raffle for Teammate Battling Cancer
- Ahwatukee’s Horizon Honors School Named Anti-Bullying School
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.