Former Ahwatukee Dawgs Give Back – 10 Years Later
When the Ahwatukee Dawgs made it all the way to the Little League World Series in 2006, the community rallied behind the team with moral and financial support. According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, members of that historic team recently reunited to give back to the community and inspire the next generation of ball players.
Members of the 2006 team met current little leaguers who were practicing at Mountain Vista Park last month, the newspaper said. While the 2006 team didn’t make it to the semifinals, many of the team members went on to have various levels of success at the high school, college and even professional level.
- Ahwatukee Resident’s Local Nonprofit Gets National Attention
- Kyrene Foundation Delivers $10K in Gifts to Students in Need
- Desert Vista’s Girls Soccer Team Take Coyote Classic Title
- Desert Schools Federal Credit Union Announces 12th Annual Scholarship Program
- Multiple Ahwatukee Housing Projects in the Works
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.