Desert Vista Lacrosse Team Raises Money for Charitable Causes
The Desert Vista High School lacrosse team is doing more than playing their game—they’re also trying to make a difference.
According to Ahwatukee Foothills News, for the last nine years the team has held a fall fundraiser—dubbed Lax4Life—to raise money for charitable causes. Recently, they presented a $2,500 check to Phoenix Children’s Hospital, and have donated more than $40,000 since its inception.
Lax4Life brings the state’s lacrosse community together for a series of games to raise money for the causes.
Starting with just 12 teams, the event has now grown to 52 teams participating this past year.
- City Leaders Look to Protect Ahwatukee’s Golf Courses, Open Spaces
- Two Ahwatukee Community Events Raise Grant Funds for Local Charities
- Ahwatukee Woman Finds Success With Home-Based Gluten-Free Bakery
- Ahwatukee Student Earns National Recognition for Computer Work
- Ahwatukee Woman Helps Organize, Competes in ‘Senior Olympics’
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.