Club West Golf Course Has Taken on New Life
After years of neglect, Ahwatukee’s Club West Golf Course has new owners with high ambitions for renovating the course.
According to Ahwatukee Foothills News, Richard Breuninger, the CEO of the new owner and a 30-year Ahwatukee resident, doesn’t see just a golf course, but a rather a gift that can be given to local and his Native American people.
“I want this to be a venue for whatever the community wants it to be,” he told the newspaper.
The start of the course’s new life began with $100,000 worth of seed that has produced an emerald paradise for Club West residents and golfers. The clubhouse, which which is exclusive to members as the course turns into a semi-private operation, has also been renovated.
- Former Sports Authority Spot to Become Urban Air Adventure Park
- Students at Summit School of Ahwatukee Give Back Through Service Projects
- Ahwatukee Teacher Wins Emmy Award for Writing Work on PBS Series
- From Crepes to Japanese Cheesecake, Ahwatukee’s Early Baker Offers Something for All
- Kyrene Schools Earn Grant to Help Preschoolers With Dyslexia
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.