City of Ahwatukee Ready to Open 16 New Pickleball Courts at Pecos Park
Ahwatukee is nearly ready to open 16 new pickleball courts at Pecos Park.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, locals can get a sneak peak of the courts during a tour of the new Pecos Park complex at 10 a.m. April 13.
Meanwhile, the grand opening of the courts is scheduled for 10 a.m. April 21. The event will include remarks from City Council member Sal DiCiccio and members of the Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department, and feature refreshments and some giveaways, the article said.
Steve Manolis of Ahwatukee, Central Arizona ambassador for the USA Pickleball Association and a pickleball instructor for both Phoenix and Chandler, reportedly said members of the association also will be on hand.
Pickleball is a popular game that blends tennis, badminton and table tennis, where players use paddles to hit a ball, similar to a wiffle ball, over the net, according to the USA Pickeball Association.
- Ahwatukee-Based Hope Group Celebrates 20 Years Helping Kids With Autism
- Ahwatukee Family Launches Community-Based Website
- Three Ahwatukee Boy Scouts Earn Eagle Rank Together
- Ahwatukee Woman to Run For Kyrene Justice of the Peace
- Ahwatukee Teen’s Candy Business Debuts at Local Farmers Market
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.