City Makes Deal With Biz Association to Bring Road Security, More Jobs
The Phoenix City Council voted unanimously to pass a development agreement that would finally make the 48th Street a fully public street owned by the city by mid-2018.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Pointe South Mountain Business Park Association previously owned the street. The association, which includes one of the city’s largest employers, Charles Schwab, had complained that despite their responsibility to maintain the private roadway most of the traffic was not from area businesses.
The new deal has the city taking ownership—and all maintenance tasks—for the street and Charles Schwab will be bringing more than 800 jobs to the city.
- Former Ahwatukee Dawgs Give Back – 10 Years Later
- Ahwatukee Resident’s Local Nonprofit Gets National Attention
- Kyrene Foundation Delivers $10K in Gifts to Students in Need
- Desert Vista’s Girls Soccer Team Take Coyote Classic Title
- Darla Hoffman Named 2015 Businesswoman of the Year
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.