City Leaders Look to Protect Ahwatukee’s Golf Courses, Open Spaces
Ahwatukee’s golf courses and other open spaces could get some new protections under proposed changes to one of the city’s guides for future development.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, protections to the city’s open spaces and golf courses are among the proposed revisions that the Ahwatukee Foothills Village Planning Committee have been discussing for the Village Character Plan.
The character plan guides future development decisions as well as zoning changes by providing the vision and policies for future growth, the report said.
The current draft of the plan states that parks and other open space comprise 41 percent of Ahwatukee, according to the report. However, members of the planning committee want to be more specific about how much of that is comprised by golf courses, parks and other open space.
- Two Ahwatukee Community Events Raise Grant Funds for Local Charities
- Ahwatukee Woman Finds Success With Home-Based Gluten-Free Bakery
- Ahwatukee Student Earns National Recognition for Computer Work
- Ahwatukee Woman Helps Organize, Competes in ‘Senior Olympics’
- 10-Year-Old Ahwatukee Boy is a Budding Classical Pianist
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.