Blasting in Ahwatukee for South Mountain Freeway May Not be Needed
Blasting in Ahwatukee for construction of the South Mountain Freeway may not be necessary.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Arizona Department of Transportation spokesman Dustin Krugel said freeway developer Connect 202 Partners is evaluating whether limited controlled rock blasting within the Pecos Road segment of construction is even needed.
The South Mountain Freeway is a massive $1.77 billion, 22-mile interstate that will connect the Chandler and 59th Avenue interchanges of I-10 and allow I-10 traffic to bypass downtown Phoenix, the report said.
A determination is expected by the end of the month, the report said.
- Ahwatukee Professor Looks to Help Homeless in Phoenix Area
- Ahwatukee Elementary Schoolers Make Pen-Pal Friends Through Literacy Program
- Self-Driving Cars Now Available to Ahwatukee Residents
- More than 1,300 Seniors Set to Graduate From Ahwatukee Schools
- Ahwatukee Makes National ‘Best Places to Live’ List
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.