Ahwatukee’s Annual Chili Cook-Off is This Weekend
Chili lovers in the Ahwatukee area are gearing up for the community’s annual Chili cook-off event this weekend, March 14-15, at Ahwatukee Park.
According to the Ahwautkee Foothills News, two-time world champion Bob Plager is among the chili experts who will be in attendance.
“We enjoy seeing them and partying with them,” he told the newspaper. “Everybody becomes your enemy for three hours once the cooking starts. When you’re cooking — those are not your best friends.”
Twenty-five chili cooks from eight states are expected to show up to vie for the $500 first place prize for best red chili, AFN said. Anyone from the public can try the competition chili, with tasting kits going for $5 and including seven cups. The proceeds from the kids with benefit various organizations in the area.
The weekend event will be accompanied by a carnival, which begins at 5 p.m. Friday at the park. Ahwautkee Park is located at 4700 E. Warner Rd.
- Ahwatukee Preschool Celebrates 35 Years in the Community
- AZCentral Releases ‘Ultimate’ Bucket List for Ahwatukee
- Ladies Football Game Raises Money for Relay for Life
- Ahwatukee Chamber Foundation to Pilot YEA! Program This Fall
- Shea Homes to Take on Condo Project in Ahwatukee
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.