Ahwatukee YMCA to Offer Free Swim Lessons at Local Apartments
The Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA is offering free swimming lessons to the community in an attempt to ensure kids are safe in water this summer.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the YMCA will bring trained and certified swim instructors to local apartment complexes that sign up. The lessons will be held in the evening twice a week for four weeks.
“It was just an opportunity for the Ahwatukee Y to start an initiative around drowning prevention and drowning awareness month in August,” Sandra Franks, executive director of the Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA, told the newspaper. “We decided to go out into the community to teach swim lessons. We just wanted to make sure every child has the opportunity to take a swim lesson.”
Those apartment complexes or organizations that are interested in free lessons can contact Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mountain Pointe Grad Helps Restore Original Air Force One
- Long-Time Village Planning Committee Member Retires
- Ahwatukee Man Commits to Second Strenuous Hike for Cystic Fibrosis
- Ahwatukee Restaurant Review: Original Burrito Company
- Local Author Publishes Book Set in Ahwatukee
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.