Ahwatukee Woman Named a 2017 Rodel Exemplary Principal
An Ahwatukee woman is one of eight to receive a statewide award for school principals.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Tonja Yalung an Ahwatukee resident and principal at Kyrene de los Ninos Elementary School in Tempe for the past five years, has earned 2017 Rodel Exemplary Principal Award. She is the first principal in the Kyrene School District to receive the award.
Yalung, who has been an educator with Kyrene for 29 years, principal at Kyrene de los Ninos for five years. She’s also served as principal at Kyrene de los Lagos in Ahwatukee.
The Rodel Award honors principals “who make significant differences in the lives of their students, staff and community,” the article said.
- Ahwatukee Has First Million-Dollar Home Sale of the Year
- Kyrene Schools Working to Reshape Learning for Elementary, Middle Schoolers
- Desert Vista Lacrosse Team Raises Money for Charitable Causes
- City Leaders Look to Protect Ahwatukee’s Golf Courses, Open Spaces
- Two Ahwatukee Community Events Raise Grant Funds for Local Charities
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.