Ahwatukee Woman Helps Organize, Competes in ‘Senior Olympics’
An Ahwatukee woman not only helps organize the Arizona Senior Olympics—she competes in them.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, 86-year-old Gloria Tolaro is the swimming commissioner for next month’s Arizona Senior Olympics, and she plans on competing herself.
The Arizona Senior Olympics are for residents over the age of 50, and offer more than 30 competitive sports for athletes to participate in, the report said.
This year’s games will be held in the Phoenix area starting on Feb. 18, and more than 3,000 senior-athletes are expected to participate, including Tolaro, the article said.
For more information or to sign up for the Senior Olympics, visit www.seniorgames.org.
- 10-Year-Old Ahwatukee Boy is a Budding Classical Pianist
- Ahwatukee Elementary Schoolers Participate in ‘Day of Code’
- Ahwatukee Woman’s Project is Part Art Book, Part Cookbook
- Ahwatukee Woman Helping Empower Teens as Part of Foundation Work
- Ahwatukee Book Club to Set Up a Little Free Library at Local Cafe
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.