Ahwatukee Woman Beautifying Community With Murals
An Ahwatukee woman is using her art skills to help beautify the community.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Suzanne Whitaker, is a small business owner who specializes in painting murals in buildings all over Arizona.
Her most recognizable piece of work: a 12-foot-by-35-foot wall of cavorting butterflies at Kyrene de la Mariposa Elementary School, according to the report.
“I like being able to create murals for kids to enjoy,” Whitaker told the newspaper.
She’s been active painting murals throughout the Valley, working with designers on both residential and commercial projects, according to the report.
- Ahwatukee Family Keeping Community Cool With ‘Kona Ice’ Truck
- Ahwatukee Man Among Top 15 Auctioneers in World
- Ahwatukee Teen Wins National Award for Star Trek Design
- Thrillist Names Ahwatukee’s Where U Bean to Best Coffee Shops List
- Ahwatukee First-Grader Opens Her Own ‘Free Little Library,’ May be State’s Youngest Librarian
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.