Ahwatukee Student Earns National Recognition for Computer Work
An Xavier College Preparatory School student and Ahwautkee resident has earned recognition from the National Center for Women and Information Technology.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, junior Skylar Smith, along with her classmate Gillian Vaughn, received an honorable mention in the National Center for Women and Information Technology organization’s “Aspirations in Computing” program.
The organization is a community of more than 850 prominent corporations, academic institutions, government agencies and nonprofits working to increase girls’ and women’s participation in technology and computing, the article said.
- Ahwatukee Woman Helps Organize, Competes in ‘Senior Olympics’
- 10-Year-Old Ahwatukee Boy is a Budding Classical Pianist
- Ahwatukee Elementary Schoolers Participate in ‘Day of Code’
- Ahwatukee Woman’s Project is Part Art Book, Part Cookbook
- Ahwatukee Woman Helping Empower Teens as Part of Foundation Work
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.