Ahwatukee Residents to Benefit From Expanded Bus Services
Ahwatukee residents are benefiting from expanded transit service on two major bus routes through town.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the expanded service represents the first tangible benefits of new funding voters approved last year.
Both the Route 56 bus, which starts and ends at 48th Street and Ray Road and travels east to Priest Drive, and the Route 108 bus, which starts and ends at Chandler Boulevard and 48th Street and travels north to Elliot Road before heading east, will benefit from extended operation times, according to the article.
Three weeks ago at the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce breakfast, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said that in many cases buses would run every 15 minutes, the article said.
- Ahwatukee Woman is New Owner of ‘My Wine Cellar’
- Ahwatukee Being Eyed For Leased-Luxury-Home Communities
- Ahwatukee Bowl Trophy Honors Rivalry Between Town’s Two Football Teams
- 16 Ahwatukee Students Named National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Ahwatukee Woman Invents Guard to Protect Against Shopping Cart Germs
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.